Higher revenue and net profit due to targeted propositions
Highlights FY 2018
- Revenue up 4.8% at EUR 358.5 million (2017: EUR 342.0 million);
- Revenue the Netherlands rises 1.6% to EUR 256.4 million (2017: EUR 252.3 million);
- Revenue Belgium/Luxembourg rises 13.8% to EUR 102.1 million (2017: EUR 89.7 million);
- EBITDA rises to EUR 18.7 million (2017: EUR 14.5 million);
- EBITDA margin increases to 5.2% (2017: 4.2%);
- Net profit rises to EUR 6.9 million (2017: 3.1 million). Normalised for the effect of the impairment of deferred
tax assets (due to lower corporate income tax rates as of 2020) the net profit is EUR 9.1 million;
- Net cash position rises to EUR 18.5 million at year-end 2018 (year-end 2017: EUR 10.9 million);
- Ordina proposes to pay out dividend 5 eurocents per share (68% of the net profit);
- Employee engagement score increases to 7.1 (2017: 6.8).
Highlights Q4 2018
- Revenue rises 3.7% to EUR 93.2 million (Q4 2017: EUR 89.8 million);
- Revenue the Netherlands up 0.4% at EUR 66.7 million (Q4 2017: EUR 66.4 million);
- Revenue Belgium/Luxembourg up 13.2% at EUR 26.5 million (Q4 2017: EUR 23.4 million);
- EBITDA rises to EUR 5.8 million (Q4 2017: EUR 4.9 million);
- EBITDA margin up at 6.2% (Q4 2017: 5.4%);
- Growth at our clients in the public sector and in financial services.
Jo Maes, CEO Ordina, on the results
“We can look back on a successful year, in which our five business propositions proved their added value: a sharp rise in our profitability, higher revenue and higher satisfaction scores for both our clients and our employees. High performance teams, Intelligent data-driven organisations, Digital acceleration, Business platforms and Security & privacy are our five business propositions that currently account for a third of our revenue. We are looking to increase that share in the years ahead. For instance, on the basis of our business proposition Intelligent data-driven organisations, we are set to deliver an IT solution for the planning of customs checks for the Dutch tax authorities. We have also now successfully deployed 63 High performance teams in various sectors in the Benelux.
The steady rise of digitalisation means that the pace of change is now incredibly rapid and getting faster. Our clients have to respond quickly to changes in their market to make sure that they build or maintain a sustainable edge in the market. At Ordina, we are used to looking ahead to stay ahead of changes for our clients, thanks in part to our business propositions. Our new pay-off – Ordina, Ahead of change – is a clear expression of our ambition to help our clients stay ahead of the changes in their business.
Thanks to a profitable fourth quarter, Ordina’s net profit more than doubled in 2018. Our Belgium/Luxembourg operation delivered a strong performance last year, with revenue growth of 13.8% in 2018. This increase was driven by the growing demand for our business propositions, the increase in the number of our own employees and high productivity. In the Netherlands, we also recorded a further rise in margin thanks to our business propositions, which have responded effectively to market demand. In the Netherlands, we also saw an improvement in rates, higher productivity and a growing demand for our services in the financial sector and the public sector markets.
Ordina is in good financial shape, partly thanks to a considerable improvement in our margins. However, we are still not satisfied with the margins in the Netherlands, which are influenced by factors such as the recruitment and training of Young professionals by TalentPower. In 2018, Ordina hired and trained a total of 235 Young professionals to help clients deal with their digitalisation issues within a few months. The realisation of profitable growth is and will remain our top priority. On a positive note, our efforts to record growth with our own employees started paying off in 2018. Since mid-2018, Ordina recorded an increase in its own employees for the first time in quite some time. An good performance in such a tight labour market.”
For more information on this press release
Joyce van Wijnen, Investor Relations
Telephone: +31 (0)30 663 7000
Eveline Rogier, Communications
Telephone: +31 (0)30 663 7000